Sunday 4 August 2013

Sins and Needles by Karina Halle

"
Ellie is a con artist but plans to give it up...

She returns to her home town...

And reunites with Camden, her high school friend, now a successful tattoo artist ...

She sees the potential is scamming him...


My thoughts

Wow this book was a breath of fresh air and nothing like anything I've read before. 

Ellie being the daughter of con artists has had a troubled time growing up. I felt deeply sorry for her and each flashback holds a significance to the story.

“Beautiful, sad, wounded, and lost,” he continued. “A freak, a work of art, a liar, and a lover.”


And then theres Camden, being the high school freak, he also had his fair share of anguish growing up. You can't help but love them both.

"I hate you, Ellie Watt," he whispered, lips coming closer to mine, "because I still love you after all these years.”


I'm still not sure whether I'm team Camden or team Javier. I think I kinda like them both. Cannot wait to get my hands on the second book in the trilogy x


"

No comments:

Post a Comment