Saturday 29 June 2013

Tragic by J.A Huss

4 out of 5 stars

The plot:
The story about Rook and Ronin. Rook being brought up in the foster care system and running away from her abusive boyfriend lands herself as a model and paired with the gorgeous Ronin. These two have a lot of sparks and I love the chemistry behind the camera. I love a lost broken girl trying to find her independence and this is exactly what Rook is trying to do. Ronin is a great Hero and towards the end I was thinking 'you idiot!!' 

What I liked:
I really enjoyed this authors writing style. It was my first book by this author I was engaged in her writing from the very beginning. I love that this felt quite realistic in the sense that although they both have this attraction between the two of them, they aren't declaring their undying love to each other.

What I didn't like:
I did feel there wasn't much of a story going on. If was very minimal drama/angst. There is more to come from this couple in a book two and the book end on a HFN without any cliffhangers. I would have liked the book to conclude as a standalone as I'm not sure I would be rushing to read the next book out in August.

Overall:
Would I recommend it? Yes
Should you wait for the next book? Not really
I really enjoyed it if you like the type of book with little drama but enough chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment