Saturday 29 June 2013

After the Kiss by Lauren Layne

3 out of 5 stars

This started off quite promising. I thought the writing style was engaging and I did want to read more. 

The plot:
What let it down was I felt like this was a re-telling of the film 'how to lose a guy in 10 days'. Julie, a columnist writes about first dates and first kisses, was given a task of how to get past the first date into a relationship. On the other side we have Mitchell who has just left a 2 year relationship, through a bet by his friend is given the task of just dating someone and it not ending in a proposal of marriage. I thought both the characters seem to have reversed the typical male/female characteristics, which is a nice change.

But...:
But this book was just too predictable. I knew what was coming up. I knew how it was going to end. Overall great writing, just wish the storyline was more original.

No comments:

Post a Comment