Tuesday 11 June 2013

Hustle Him by Jennifer Foor

3 out of 5 stars

Storyline:
A bit of a slow start. Vessa leaves her cheating husband, takes her kids and runs off to bartend her aunts' bar. Ramsey has lost his wife and kid in a car crash and now works as the towns Sheriff. He is pretty much a loner since the accident. An accident brings these two together. Vessa is curious on Ramsey and wants to understand why he is this way. 

My thoughts:
I loved hustle me, but I felt like this one was missing something. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to read this but I just wasn't feeling anything special with this couple. They are two broken people but I just never really felt any sympathy for them, neither was I happy when they got together or declared their love for each other.

Second in the series:
Normally with series I thought we would see some of the old characters again. But unless I'm missing something, this is a complete different storyline with different characters. So I don't get why this is part of the bankshot romance series, it could easily just be labelled as a standalone.

Overall:
This was almost a DNF but I carried on and made myself read it all. I am a bit disappointed because I gave hustle me 4.5 stars and I really liked that one. This one just didn't live up to series follow up expectations. Sorry, my personal thoughts and others might feel differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment