Wednesday 5 June 2013

Faking it by Cora Carmack

Plot:
Faking it. I think you can grasp what the story is about by just reading the title so I won't say too much about the plot. This is another story where we already met Cade in the first book and here he is trying to get over Bliss. Sounds like a storyline that I previously read but here Max (yes, a girl!) is the one with the commitment issues. 

The author:
I like Cora's writing and the meet the parents part was hilarious!!! She told the story nicely and manages to grip me from the very beginning. Sometimes it is hard for me to remember characters in the previous book but it wasn't a problem here. 

Cade and Max:
Cade was just too perfect and put together. I wanted more emotion from him, for him to break down or something. He just felt too good to be true. Max has her issues with her family. At one point I thought, 'oh no she going to be one of those heroines' but she recovered it well and I quite liked her.

Overall:
I found the story gripping to begin with and had me giggling but as the story got on I did get a bit bored. I think this is a strong follow up to losing it and will definitely be watching out for more of Cora's work.

**arc received from netgalley**

No comments:

Post a Comment