Thursday 13 June 2013

The Remembrance Trilogy by Kahlen Aymes

5 out of 5 stars 

Wow wow wow... Having just finished it I'm a bit speechless and my emotions are flying everywhere.

First book (The future of our pasts):
Starts off with Julia and Ryan being best friends for 4 years, Ryan finds out that he has to move across the country to attend medical school thus separating them both. This brings them to confront their feelings for one another. 

This book was lovely and sickeningly sweet. I love how their love for one another consumes one another even with being so far apart. The first in the book ended on a major cliffy and at the time I read it I was fortunate enough to have the second one already out. 

The second book (Don't forget to remember me):
Starts with dealing from the aftermath of the tradegy from the first book. Ryan is forced to keep his distance. I don't want to say anymore because I really don't want to spoil this lovely sequel. 

Emotional is an understatement. It was heartbreaking to just think about it. I wanted to just scream at Ryan at times and urge him to just tell Julia but I know it wouldn't have been the same. Julia needed to find out for herself.

Final instalment (A love like this):
The series finale has Julia and Ryan finding time in their hectic schedule for time for one another. When a colleague saves Ryan's life, his new friendship gets between his love for Julia. 

I thought the first half of this book was much like the first book, very sweet and lots of 'I love you's.' They both needed this though with how angsty the second book was. Definitely more sex scenes than the second.

Then, the second half kicked in, although I could feel I knew where the story was going, it was heart wrenchingly torture. I cried buckets. The ending was beautiful and exactly why I love reading romance books. The epilogue... So so beautiful!!!

I don't normally look forward to series follow ups because there is normally a third party introduced to drag the story along. I don't normally look forward to the misunderstandings and miscommunications but this book was an exception. Both Julia and Ryan needed this wake up call. Their love for one another was so strong I knew without a doubt it will work out in the end. 

I think Kahlen did an amazing job with this trilogy. Her writing is beautiful and I can feel so much emotions from it. Yes, there was times I was a bit overwhelmed by how sappy Ryan was but I wouldn't change him any other way. I thought Julia is a strong heroine and I could understand her logic behind her outburst and decisions in this book. I'm not someone that easily cries reading a book but this one had me in tears. 

Overall:
I will recommend this trilogy for those who like a combination of sweet and angst. One of my favourite series that I will no doubt be reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment