Monday 24 June 2013

Come Alive (EiT 7) by Karina Halle

5 out of 5 stars

After finishing
Phew having left book 6 at a nice ending I was quite worried going into this book... Especially with the reappearance of a certain character. I knew there be trouble for Dex and Perry. Turns out I was worried about the wrong thing. 

Characters:
Everything that comes out of Dex's mouth, I just wanted to highlight it all. But here, we have all his inner thoughts too, which made it extra special. He is definitely back to his cheeky self and boy do I love him more. Perry was just as loveable here. She is having trouble trusting Dex with her heart and to be honest I can't blame her for being more cautious.

The plot:
I thought with some previous book there wasn't enough romance element to the story but I thought this one found the perfect combination of love and in this case investigating a voodoo sect. My blood was definitely pumping with excitement and towards the end I was a bit nail bitingly scared.

Last thoughts:
Winter is too long away for more Dex and Perry and I definitely can't wait with how the last chapter ended. Come Alive has left you wanting more and more. This is one of my favourites EiT books alongside Lying Season and the main reason for this... Dex is just too loveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment