Wednesday 15 May 2013

Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy by E.L James

5 out of 5 stars

Storyline:
This book had so much reviews and people ranting on about it I had to give it go. Yes, some writing was repetitive but if you put that aside there is a lovely storyline about Ana, a virgin and dominating  Christian, who had a bad past. Obviously with a fictional couple it's not always going to be peaceful. The ending to book 1 made me purchase book 2 immediately. I was a bit disappointed and relieved that things cleared up so quickly between the two of them. Loads go on throughout Fifty shades Darker and Fifty shades Freed which is don't want to go into to spoil it. I will say that I wasn't sure I wanted to read the third book because book 2 ended so nicely but I'm so glad I did.

Heroine and Hero:
Ana and Christian. Where do I begin? I love reading about a couple who just met and have their first few conversations. I love the chemistry and dialogue they have with each other. Ana was a shy virgin to begin with but by the end of book 3 you can feel her growth and maturity. Christian was a confusing character to begin with. I was heartbroken and devasted when I started reading the reasons behind his domineering ways. But I wouldn't have him any other way. I think Christian is a very strong character and would always be one of my favourite Book Boyfriends. 

Ending:
Book 1 ended on a cliffy, book 2 a Happy For Now and the last and final book was perfect. I love epilogues like this. It makes me feel like a pile of mush. These books are ones that I've re-read three times already and I know it won't be the last time I re-read them. A great set of books and the very reason I started my reading addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment